Continuous Improvement Expert
- Wallonie - Wanze
- Wallonie - Marche-en-Famenne
Do you want to join Ter Beke? Let's talk about this opportunity
Ter Beke is an innovative Belgian group that markets a wide range of high quality fresh products and related services in many European countries. Today, we are mainly specialized in the production and sale of processed meat products and chilled ready meals prepared at one of our twelve industrial locations in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Poland and the UK. Ter Beke has been listed on Euronext Brussels since 1986 and achieved a turnover of EUR 696,9 million in 2021. Enthusiasm - Determination - Drive - Dedication - Passion - Sincerity. This is what drives us. Encompassed in a single word: ZEAL. We use this zeal to fulfil our mission: to bring tasty, quality products to every dining table. This is how we put our motto under our name Ter Beke: "driven by the zeal for your everyday meal."
What are you responsibilities as Continous Improvement Expert ?
This Expert role will be responsible for identifying and implementing Continuous Improvement projects to enhance processes that result in increased productivity and production efficiency. In close collaboration with quality assurance, production, purchase and production planning, (S)he will enhance technical competence and operational excellence in the organization to reduce costs. This is a new opportunity for someone who would like to develop his/her experience across two different production sites (Wanze and Marche-en-Famenne). The position will report to the Plant manager.
- Develop systems and process improvements with a focus on best practice, visual management, and decision matrix systems across the organization
- Value Improvement responsibility across the sites
- Drive the site Continuous Improvement program through manufacturing, engaging, training, and supporting the team and the site towards « Excellence » manufacturing levels.
- Lead cross deployments of these improvements across the other processing facilities in Wanze and Marche-en-Famenne
- Promote a safety-quality first culture, 6S, visual management, value stream mapping, resulting in improved efficiencies and reduced cost of production
- Improve engagement and culture through developing standards of work, training and being a great Mentor for the production team leaders and operation teams
- Reduce six Sigma process variability (MUDA) non value tasks, workers and machines overload, …
- Improve processes efficiency and quality with operational excellence approach (six sigma, …)
How will you meet this challenge?
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree
- At least 5 years in a manufacturing / processing / FMCG leadership or senior continuous improvement role
- Food or Pharma experience highly regarded
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Detailed understanding of operational excellence tools (Kanban, 6S, SMED, TPM, Kaizen, JIT, …)
- Experience in project management methodology, change management and team coaching
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of lean philosophy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including an ability to collaborate and influence to meet business objectives and deliver an improved customer experience
- IT savvy with expertise in MS office
- Problem solving skills, analytic ability and be very detail-oriented
- Very good command of French and knowledge in English (B2 level required). Dutch is an asset
What's in it for you?
- With this varied and exciting position, you will actively contribute to the success and growth of our organization.
- You will join a stable and growing company on the international scene.
- You will work in a pleasant working atmosphere with nice colleagues.
- A competitive salary package with extra-legal benefits, including a company car.